Our friends at Spoon University have outdone themselves this time. You can never go wrong with tater tots, but making them into a waffle and using them as bread is just pure genius.
This killer recipe sandwiches cheese, bacon and jalapeño between two tater tot waffles. Crispy, gooey, spicy, and only 4 ingredients. You know you wanna try it.
Why didn’t we know about this sooner?
Tater Tot Grilled Cheese
25 minutes to prepare serves 1-2
- 28-32 oz. bag tater tots
- 4-6 slices cheddar cheese, or 1/2 cup shredded
- 5-10 slices bacon
- 1-2 tablespoon jalapeño, chopped (optional)
- Heat waffle iron.
- Fill it with tater tots. Don’t forget all the little spaces.
- Cook for 5-10 minutes, until crispy.
- Take it off (tongs and spatulas help). Cook another tot waffle.
- Leaving the second waffle in the iron, layer on the cheese, bacon, jalapeño, more cheese, and top with the first waffle. Press the iron down again and cook until the cheese is melted.
- Carefully take that bad boy out. Slice and serve. Sooo cheesy.
Recipe from Spoon University