This may be one of my favorite concoctions EVER. I used to make something similar when I was in college and had limited sandwich making resource. Although back then it was just Eggos, cheese and ketchup. Like I said, limited resources. And Costco sized Eggos, cheese and ketchup last forever. But now that resources aren’t so limited, and time between shopping sprees isn’t so great, I like to splurge on turkey. But not just any turkey. Deli turkey. And also upgraded cheese. No longer is it just named after a color. Now I use cheese that’s named after a place. This is a graduate level sandwich to match your graduate level tastes. Live it up!
Waffle Club Sandwich
10min to prepare serves 2
- 6 waffles (frozen or pre-made)
- 4 slices deli ham
- 4 slices deli turkey
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- ketchup (optional)
- If using frozen waffles: In batches, place waffles in toaster and cook until toasted through.
- Arrange 2 slices of ham on top of first waffle and place 1 slice swiss cheese on top.
- Cover with second waffle, then repeat with 2 slices of turkey and 1 slice cheddar cheese.
- Top with third waffle.
- Turn broiler on low.
- Repeat with remaining waffles.
- Place waffle sandwiches on a baking sheet and place on top oven rack.
- Bake for 2-4 minutes, or until cheese is melted and waffles are crispy.
- Serve with the finest store bought orange or purple drink.