Few things in the world of burgers compare to the behemoth Midwest legend of the Juicy Lucy. If you’re not familiar with this name, step back and slap yourself. Then go here and learn: The Juicy Lucy.
We here at Grizzly Fare have been contemplating how to best riff on such a simple, beautiful concept. Through a series of future recipe videos we will attempt to honor the Juicy Lucy with an array of Juicy Lucy 2.0 concept burgers. To get things kicked off, we’ve kept it fairly simple, but significantly rad. We introduce to you the Juicy Blucy. As the images and video show, its epic. You really need to get to work on creating your own. You’re welcome.
The Juicy Blucy
15 minutes to prepare serves 4
- 1.5 pounds 80/20 Ground Beef
- 8 ounces soft Blue Cheese
- 4 ounces Buffalo Sauce
- 4 ounces Mayonaise
- 4 Brioche Buns or Hamburger Buns
- Pad of Butter (optional)
- Fried Onions (optional)
- SEASON: Season & bind your 80/20 ground beef to your liking. We recommend a good amount of salt and pepper and/or your favorite grilling seasoning. We also recommend adding 1 egg and a large handful of breadcrumbs in order to bind the burger meat and make it easier to fuse the patties and seal in the juicy blucyness.
- FORM: Form a 1/4 pound hamburger patty. Roll and place a sizable ball of blue cheese in the middle of patty. Then take another 1/4 pound hamburger patty and cover the blue cheese. Work the edges of the 2 patties in order to fuse the meat and effectively seal the cheesy goodness in the center of the two patties. Take care to form a quality seal ... you don't want the cheese to leak before it's time!
- GRILL: Grill or fry the burger to your preferred doneness. For medium-well to medium, we recommend 3-4 minutes on either side at medium-high heat. If pan frying, add about 1 tablespoon oil to pan. If grilling, make sure to heartily oil the grilling grate with vegetable oil before placing burger.
- BUFFALO SAUCE: Generously wisk 4 ounces of mayonaise and 4 ounces of buffalo sauce in bowl. For those that love the hot, hot heat ... feel free to add your favorite hot sauce for your optimal kick.
- PLATE: Once burger is done, place your burger creation on the bun of your liking. Heartily drizzle the buffalo sauce on burger, then add any additional toppings of your liking. We recommend fried onions.
- MARVEL: Step back and marvel at your creation. You did it. This is important. People admire you.