Pizza for breakfast. Possibly the second best way to eat pizza. Although, if you’re hungover then it’s probably the best. And let’s be honest, if you’re eating pizza for breakfast it’s because you’re hungover, or have zero desire to do anything productive with your day. Either way, you’re an adult and you make the rules. As they say, you do you. Your local pizza shop loves you regardless.
Better keep those sweat pants handy. You have some “Netflix and fill” in your future!
Recipe: Breakfast Pizza
30min to prepare serves 1-4
- 1 12-inch pre-baked or refrigerated pizza crust
- 6 Eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 ounces bacon (Or more if you want. You're not trying to ration it.)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook the bacon over medium-low heat until crisp.
- Remove the bacon from the skillet and let it drain on paper towels. Drain the bacon grease from the skillet.
- If using a refrigerated pizza crust, follow the instructions on the label to make sure it is pre-cooked properly you might have to roll it out onto a baking sheet and bake it for about 5 minutes until lightly golden.
- Whisk together the milk, eggs, and pepper, and then stir in the bacon and ham.
- Cook the egg mixture in a nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the eggs are firm but still a bit moist.
- Spoon the egg mixture onto the crust, and then top everything with the cheese.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and pizza is warm.
Recipe adapted from Recipe.com