This little morsel of delight may not seem like much, but that’s because you haven’t tried it. One bight and you know why this little snack is a go-to for in-home meals or afternoon barbecues on the deck. Just make sure to make enough. They go fast!
Bacon-Wrapped Blue Cheese-Stuffed Dates
30min to prepare serves 4-6
- 24 Medjool dates, pitted
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half
- 1/3-1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400º F and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Take pitted date and insert blue cheese crumble into the center (should be about the size of a pebble.)
- Repeat with the rest of dates.
- Wrap each date in a half piece of bacon.
- Secure bacon with a toothpick inserted through the middle.
- Place bacon-wrapped dates on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, flipping over halfway so bacon is crispy on both sides.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from The Kitchn