Quiche is one of those meals that doesn’t sound good at first. At least it didn’t to me. It sounded like one of those fad diet meals. And it certainly didn’t invoke feelings of heartiness, fullness, or deliciousness. And then I tried some. Well, damn if I wasn’t a fool. I now associate all of those feelings with Quiche and it’s my go-to breakfast dish when I need to feed more than just me. It’s not just a dish. It’s a meal.
Bacon and Spinach Quiche
30min to prepare serves 4-8
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups chopped fresh baby spinach, packed
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 (9-inch) refrigerated pie crust, fitted to a 9-inch glass pie plate
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine the eggs, cream, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender.
- Layer the spinach, bacon, and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust, then pour the egg mixture on top.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until the egg mixture is set.
- Cut into 4-8 wedges.
Recipe adapted from The Food Network.