The casserole may be the most efficient way of cooking and eating food. It requires the least effort and gives the greatest return. That's an investment a fool would make. And the baking pan, the epitome of culinary technology! Fill pan with food. Heat. Eat. Full. Repeat. So it only makes sense that we utilize this amazing technology to make breakfast. Because really, breakfast all about low effort and high return. You're welcome.
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole
30min to prepare serves 5-6
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1 white onion
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 2 cups cheese
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 lbs tater tots
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place bacon in the skillet and turn to low heat, cook both sides until it reaches your preferred crispiness.
- In the same skillet with bacon fat, turn skillet to medium heat and cook chopped onions and ground sausage.
- Drain and place onions and sausage in the bottom of a 9×13 pan, followed by 1 ½ cups of cheese.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Then pour the mixture over the cheese so that it is evenly distributed.
- Layer the top with tater tots and place the pan on the lower middle rack in the oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Take out breakfast bake and sprinkle additional ½ cup of cheese on top.
- Then place the tray back in the oven for 5-10 minutes until the tots are golden brown and the sides are bubbling.
- Add bacon bits and chives to garnish. Enjoy!
Recipe from Spoon University