This recipe is perfect. Simple, yet delicious ingredients. Straight forward directions. Make this any time for an easy, tasty snack. No matter where you're making it – on the grill or in the oven – it's sure to satisfy. Just make sure you make enough.
30min to prepare serves 10-16
- 1(16 oz) package of bacon, cut into thirds
- 1 (14 oz) package of mini sausages or cocktail wieners
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (for extra smokiness use dark brown sugar)
- Preheat oven to 350º F and cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cut bacon slices into thirds. It’s easier to wrap the smokies with cold bacon, so refrigerate majority of the slab when you start wrapping.
- Take a piece of bacon (1/3 of full slice) and wrap it around your sausage. Secure it in place with a toothpick. Continue wrapping.
- Place your finished smokies on the baking sheet and sprinkle them liberally with brown sugar.
- Bake sausages for 40-45 minutes or until the sugar is bubbly and has melted and the bacon is crispy.
Recipe adapted fromTablespoon!