Creating the perfect pulled pork is one of the noblest of all pursuits in life. Which is why we pursue it! We’re all about noble pursuits. And sometimes trivial ones.
But there’s nothing trivial about this recipe. Our Slow Cooker Beer Pulled Pork is some of the finest you’ll have. Perfectly succulent pork steeped in a hearty dark ale. It’s so good you’ll swear it’s infused with the love of the gods themselves! But really, there’s none of those juices in it. Try it for yourself and you’ll agree that this is one of the best damn pulled pork recipes EVER! Your stomach will thank you.
Slow Cooker Beer Pulled Pork
20min prep; 6 hours cook to prepare serves 10
- 1 (3.5 pound) Boneless Pork Butt Roast
- 1 large Onion, sliced
- 12 ounces Beer, such as a Dark Ale
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground Black Pepper
- SEASON: Place the roast and onion in a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker. Pour in the beer. Add the soy sauce, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- COOK: Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours, or until fork tender. Time will vary by slow cooker.
- FORM: Transfer the meat to a cutting board. Using two forks, pull the meat apart into shreds, discarding any fat. Strain the onions, reserving 1 cup of the liquid. Return the shredded pork, onions, and reserved liquid to the slow cooker. Serve or make BBQ sandwiches.
- SAUCE: For BBQ Sandwiches: Stir in the barbecue sauce. Cover and cook on low for 15 minutes, or until heated through.
- SANDWICH: Serve on sandwiches between buns with toppings of your choice.