The BLT is a classic sandwich that never fails to deliver on satisfaction. Just like the Grilled cheese of our youth, this evolved sandwich is a go to when you need a quick hearty meal. Pair it with a bowl of Tomato Soup in the Winter, or nice cold beer in the summer and you'll be set.
Cheddar BLT Panini
- 4 slices of focaccia or bread of your choice
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of cooked bacon
- ½ avocado
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 slices lettuce
- 2-4 slices of tomato
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Heat panini press or griddle on the stovetop.
- Combine avocado, lime juice, mayonnaise and salt and pepper.
- Spread 1/2 avocado mixture on one slice of bread.
- Top with 2 strips bacon, 1 slice tomato, lettuce leaf, slice of cheddar cheese and final piece of bread.
- Smear bread with 1 tablespoon butter and place on hot panini grill.
- Butter remaining bread.
- Repeat steps with second sandwich.
- Serve with tater tots, fries or your favorite soup. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted fromPetit Foodie.