This burger isn't for the faint of heart. It's the type of burger that you have to use two hands to hold onto and you don't dare set down for fear that it'll collapse like a stack of poorly placed Jenga blocks. It's got bacon. It's got onions. It's got french fries. It's even got a fried egg! For the love of all things American if you don't eat this at least once in your life you're not really living.
You know you're eating a good burger when you need to roll up your sleeves and wear a bib. Go ahead. Try it. Your inner toddler will smile right along with you.
Monster Cheese Burger
30min to prepare serves 4
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 4 eggs
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 slices (sharp) cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bag of frozen french fries
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- pickles, garnish
- tomatoes, garnish
- butter lettuce, garnish
- 4 large whole grain rolls
- Preheat oven according to directions on the french fry bag.
- Once preheated, place fries in the oven to cook for as long as the bag states.
- Place ground beef in a large bowl and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder, and use your hands or two forks to mix everything together until combined.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal parts and shape each quarter into a patty. Use your thumb to make an indentation in the center of each patty. Note: when cooking, patties swell in the center, so making an indentation ensures evenly cooked burgers.
- Heat a large pan or skillet lightly greased over medium-high heat and allow several minutes for it to get hot.
- Cook bacon to your desired preference. Once done place onto a plate with a few paper towels.
- In the same pan with the left over bacon grease fry up the eggs. Cover and let cook to desired firmness.
- Once done remove from the pan and set with the bacon.
- Place burgers in skillet (they should sizzle when you put them in the pan) and cook for 4-7 minutes per side.
- Flip burgers and add cheese and onion slices on top. Cover pan with a lid and cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted and burgers are cooked to your taste.
- Place burgers on buns then pile the eggs, bacon, and french fries on top.
Recipe adapted from 12Tomatoes Classic Hamburger recipe.