We are always on the lookout for easy dinners that are healthy without sacrificing flavor. This glazed salmon recipe definitely checks both the nutritious and delicious boxes, and it’s hard to believe it’s so good for you once you taste it’s rich flavor.
The trick to making this heart-healthy fish so scrumptious is marinating it in a sweet, salty, and zesty mixture. We reduced the marinade to a syrupy glaze while the salmon baked, and not only smothered our fish in it, but our side dishes as well, it was that good. Try this easy and elegant salmon recipe tonight, we know you’ll be hooked!
Maple Bourbon Salmon
30 minutes active; 30 minutes inactive to prepare serves 4
- 1 pound salmon, with skin
- 2/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400º F.
- In a medium bowl, combine maple syrup, bourbon, orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
- Place salmon in a shallow baking dish. Add liquid mixture to dish, submerging fillet; refrigerate and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Drain most of marinade from baking dish, and reserve. Bake salmon for 10-15 minutes (adjust cooking time depending on thickness of fillet and desired doneness).
- While salmon cooks, pour marinade into sauce pan. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low and let simmer until liquid thickens into a glaze-like consistency, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and top salmon with glaze.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Half Baked Harvest