It’s pretty much a universal truth at this point that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. No matter when your breakfast is, it sets you up for the day to come and gives you the energy to carpé the shit of the diem. Unless you’re eating crappy food. And why would you do that when you could be eating something like this? This Bacon, Egg & Cheese Muffin Sandwich is a classic but complete meal. Pair it with some coffee and you’ll be carpéing till the sun sets! Or at least until lunch. And don’t settle for that fast-Mc-food version either. That’s not food, and your body knows it.
Bacon, Egg & Cheese Muffin Sandwich
20min to prepare serves 2
- 2 English muffins, sliced in half
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 slices bacon
- 3 tablespoons butter, room temperature, divided
- 1 tablespoon milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- BACON: Place bacon in a medium pan or skillet and cook over medium-high heat until crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
- EGGS: Whisk eggs and milk together in a medium bowl and set aside. Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a separate medium pan over medium-high heat and add eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Swirl pan so that eggs evenly cover the bottom. Once eggs start to cook, use your spatula to scrape the cooked parts to one side, freeing up space for the still uncooked eggs. When eggs are set, remove from heat and divide mixture in half.
- MUFFINS: Spread 1/2 tablespoon of butter on each half of English muffin and add, butter side down, to hot pan. Toast for 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown.
- ASSEMBLE SANDWICH: Break bacon slices in half and place 2 slices (4 halves) on one slice of English muffin, top with half of the eggs and 1 slice of cheddar cheese. Top sandwich with second half of English muffin and serve immediately.